Welcome to our Gwangju Seobu Office of Education.
"A happy educational community that learns and shares together"
- Education that gives strength to someone is healthy.
- Education that is meaningful to someone is beautiful.
- Education that makes someone have a dream is precious.
- Education that allows someone to grow is happy.
- You are a small tremor that warms our hearts.
Seobu Dictrict Office of Education
Basic Direction of Education
- Indicator of Education
- Cultivating righteous and democratic citizens who live together
Seobu Education is happy together
Realization of human education full of respect and consideration.
Reinforcement of learning-oriented education that you learn by yourself and find together.
Promotion of career education that fosters dreams and aptitudes.
Expanding universal educational welfare without discrimination.
The realization of an educational administration trusted through communication and participation.
- Innovative settlement of school culture.
- Creating a safe learning center.
- Reinforcement of
eco-friendly future education.
- Education Support Bureau
Elementary Education Support Division
- Elementary School Curriculum
- Elementary School Teacher's Personnel
- Special Education
- Support for Elementary School Education
Secondary Education Support Division
- Secondary School Curriculum
- Secondary School Teacher's Personnel
- Support for Secondary School Education
Democratic Citizenship Education Support Division
- Life education
- Protection of Teachers' Authority
- Support for Democratic Citizenship Education
- Administration Support Bureau
School Management Support Division
- General Affairs
- Support for School accounting
Lifelong Learning and Welfare Division
- Lifelong Learning Administration
- Guidance for Lifelong Learning
- School Meals
School Facilities Support Division
- Facility Support
1988 ~ NOW
- Mr. Park Ju-Jeong, inaugurated as the 16th superintendent.
- 03. 01 Mr. Lee Young-Ju, inaugurated as the 15th superintendent.
- 03. 01
- 03. 01 Mr. Kim Hong-Sik, inaugurated as the 14th superintendent.
- 03. 01
- 03. 01 Mr. Kim Gwang-Hyun, inaugurated as the 13th superintendent.
- 03. 01
- 03. 01 Mr. Park Seung-Jae, inaugurated as the 12th superintendent.
- 03. 01
- 10. 01 The boundaries of Gwangju Metropolitan City's autonomous section have been adjusted.
(Buk-gu Donglim-dong and part of Unam-il-dong have been transferred to the Seogu. Accordingly, 1 kindergarten, 2 elementary schools, and 1 middle school were transferred.)
- 10. 01
- 09. 01 The name has been changed to Gwangju Metropolitan Seobu District Office (광주광역시서부교육지원청) of Education.
(Functioning as an advanced regional education office ＆ Promotion of reorganization, The ordinance has been revised to delegate the administrative authority of the superintendent of education in Gwangju Metropolitan City. Ordinance No. 3848)
- 09. 01
- 07. 01 The organization was reorganized and the name of the department changed. (2 Bureau, 6 Divison)
(The enforcement rules of the Gwangju Metropolitan Office of Education's Ordinance on the Establishment of Administrative Organizations have been revised. 2008.6.27.)
- 07. 01
- 03. 01 The organization system has changed. (2 DIvision, 6 Divison)
(The enforcement rules of the Gwangju Metropolitan Office of Education's Ordinance on the Establishment of Administrative Organizations have been revised. 2007.2.15.)
- 03. 01
- 10. 24 The new building has been built and relocated. (1206, Chipyeong-dong, Seo-gu, Gwangju)
- 10. 24
- 07. 01 The organization system has changed. (2 DIvision, 6 Divison)
(The enforcement rules of the Gwangju Metropolitan Office of Education's Ordinance on the Establishment of Administrative Organizations have been revised. 2002.7.1.)
- 07. 01
1950 ~ 1988
- 02. 01 The organization system has changed. (2 Bureau, 6 Division)
(The enforcement rules of the Gwangju Metropolitan Office of Education's Ordinance on the Establishment of Administrative Organizations have been enacted. 1998.12.23.)
- 01. 21 The name has changed. (Gwangju Metropolitan Seobu District office of Education, 광주광역시서부교육청)
(As it was promoted from Directly-Administered City to Metropolitan City, Superintendent Gwangju Directly-Administered City Office of Education was changed to Superintendent Gwangju Metropolitan Office of Education)
- 02. 01
- 08. 16 The organization system has changed.
(2 Division, 10 Team → 2 Bureau, 6 Division, 16 Team) (The Presidential Decree of the number 13451, Reorganization of the organization of local educational administrative agency) 1998.12.23.)
- 03. 26 The name has changed. (광주직할시서부교육청)
(Separation of the Gwangju Directly-Administered City Education committee and the superintendent of the Gwangju Directly-Administered City Office of Education.) 1998.12.23.)
- 08. 16
- 01. 01 Gwangju Directly-Administered City Seobu district office of education(광주직할시서부교육청 구청) is inaugurate (Gwangsan-gun was abolished and came into the jurisdiction of Gwangju Directly-Administered.)
- 01. 01
- 11. 01 Songjeong-si Office of Education is inaugurate (Gwangsan-gun Office of Education was abolished changed to Songjeon-si Office of Education)
- 11. 01
- 08. 16 The building of the Office of Education has been expanded to the second floor.
- 08. 16
- 01. 01 As the education law was revised and the educational autonomy system was implemented, the educational administration under the county governor was separated. Accordingly, the Board of Education was dissolved and the Office of Education was established.
- 01. 01
- 11. 21 The jurisdiction of the city and county has been changed.
(Daechon-Myeon and Seochang-Myeon were incorporated from Gwangju-si to Gwangsan-gun, and four elementary schools and one branch school were relocated.)
- 01. 13 The education law was revised and the school district of Gwangsan-gun was succeeded to Head of Gwangsan-gun, and the education committee was organized at the same time as it was integrated into the education department under the county governor.
- 11. 21
- 06. 04 The Gwangsan-gun Office of Education has moved. (830-6, Songjeong-ri, Songjeong-eup, Gwangsan-gun, Gwangju)
- 06. 04 The education committee and the school district, established
- 06. 04
- (61946) 98, Sangmubeonyeong-ro, Seo-gu, Gwangju (1206,?Chipyeong-dong, Seo-gu, Gwangju)
- Tel +82-62-600-9700
- Fax +82-62-600-9720